Sunday, August 25, 2013

I Don't Want to be Like Cinderella.

So Bandathon goes like this...

 Lots of dancing...
Lots of "growl power"...
 And Papa Smurf....


These pictures were put together like they go together, they might and they might not, but either way, pretty wonderful. 


 Bandathon was super duper this year again. I have to say it was more fun this year because I was too foolishly self-conscious last year. I was all "I don't know how to dance! Oh my gosh! blah blah blah!" But this time I was like "I don't know how to dance! Wahoooo! Let's do thisssssss!" I guess it's true what they say, attitude makes all the difference because I even got told I was a good dancer! Whhhhhhat?! haha. 

Our theme this year was movies and it went over like gangbusters. Three of my friends and I dressed up like the Cheetah Girls (I was Dorinda) and it was a blast! People were like "are y'all the Cheetah Girls?! I love them!" 
One of the songs they played was Cinderella from Cheetah Girls and so the cheetahs did a little reunion performance for everyone in the middle of the dance circle. :)
 Another song, possibly my favourite ever....was Just the Girl by The Click Five, which we shamelessly put on the suggestion list about a dozen times (no joke). We sang it everyday at band camp and continue to sing it at school and practice. We jumped around like maniacs and screamed out the whole thing. I'm going to be so jazzed when that song comes back in style. I bet The Click Five will too and I also bet I'll get back stage passes and free tee shirts and whatnot. 
 
 Look at how cute Chuchie is.

This is possibly my favourite picture of the night. My band director's entrance might as well have been the entrance of Tom Hanks or One Direction. We screamed and screamed and screamed some more. Luckily, I'm a pretty cute screamer, look at me on the left. *winky face and hand guns*

All in all, if you couldn't figure it out, it was a blast and I am still incredibly sore from three straight hours of dancing, and that's exactly how I know it was a great night :)

1 comment:

  1. Bandathon is the actual best! I'm glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete

Remember, we're all friends here! Share the love first and foremost!