Monday, September 2, 2013

How to Feel Feels.

In class we were talking about how you can't possibly experience everything in life so you have to make choices. For example, when you get married, you're sacrificing the opportunity to live life single. Or when you have kids your giving up a life with no kids (obviously, but you get where I'm coming from). My teacher used the example, "I've lived my whole life here in this town and I've never been able to live in an apartment up in New York. It'd be cool, but it's something just not going to ever happen for me." 

I love the sets in these movies! 
                                     
We talked about how we still try to feel these things out by watching movies and reading stories. Movies let us step into a different world and live through the characters, whose lives are normally unrealistically glamorous. 

She didn't seem to be upset, but for me, this sounded incredibly sad. It's really gotten me thinking about what I want to temporarily be a part of, and what I actually want to experience firsthand. 

So here is my list (and about a gazillion pictures) of the most emotional movies that help us feel feels and "try-out" others lives (in no particular order). I have cried in each of these at least once, no shame. 

1) The Time  Traveler's Wife
    oh my gracious, rip my heart out. This was so sad and intense!


2) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
    the way they revealed the scenes was heart-wrenching perfection

3) One Day
    you never see it coming! ahhhh. This is my go-to movie when I have a bad day. It really doesn't make me feel any better, but it allows me to let it all out. 


4) Les Miserable
     "to love another person is to see the face of God" regulates tears every time

 There are more I can't think of and there are more that put me in different modes but here are some crying feels. What movies make you emotional?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember, we're all friends here! Share the love first and foremost!