Friday, May 23, 2014

Concerts 2014.


Here's what I've been up to. Sorry that I'm the worst blogger eva.

April 24:
Avett Brothers concert in Auburn, also with The Neighbourhood and B.o.b. The Avett Brothers were heavenly and the others were so so weird. 
 Scott Avett was wearing the best shirt and I totally feel in love. Especially when he sang "Murder in the City" I wanted to cry it was so beautiful. And when they did the trio of that old hymn "Just a Closer Walk with Thee". Whoa! They played a lot of their older songs that I have on my two CDs (now three because of course I went and bought 'Magpie and the Dandelion' shortly after). So incredible!
video

May 7:
Margot and The Nuclear So and So's 
I loved this concert because it was so intimate and genuine. Their sound has such clarity. Richard Edwards has a perfect voice. I felt like I was in the presence of an genius lunatic. It was really cool. Also, I just like the Masquerade a lot. Like I've said, atmosphere is everything. 
video
May 9: The National
The National was pretty rad. I didn't know most of what they played, but it was still pretty cool. It was a great way to kick off the festival weekend (WHAT A WEEKEND!). The highlight was when the lead singer walked out over the crowd and just sang over us! Whaaaaaaaat??!!!
 May 10: Apache Relay
Love. So. Much. Love. We were just about front row for this and it was so fun. They're really settled into their sound since I saw them in November. You could just tell they were completely invested in their music and it was really awesome. They'd played all my favorite songs from the new album and I freaked and sang every word with 'em! 
video
Best hair evaaaaa

Gregory Alan Isakov
I knew just a few songs from two different albums of his but man oh man was he outstanding! The sound was very authentic and steady. It was so good to hear live. Plus, they did the song that first got me interested! :)
Cold War Kids
This actually was a little less then my expectations, but still fun of course. That's all I really have to say because I'm not all too familiar with them.
Conor Oberst
Again, didn't really know his stuff too well, but it still blew me away. His voice is so unique and captivating. It was unbelievable. 
Modest Mouse
Whoa. They totally rocked. That is all. 
May 11: Iron and Wine
We were totally genius in picking out a spot to see the two stages all the bands we liked were performing on so that we wouldn't have to worry about where to stand. Iron and Wine was really good but sometimes a little too soft and difficult to hear, but then he goes all high and you melt and don't care. It was still phenomenal. 
Trampled by Turtles
So much yes. They tore it up. Basically literally because they break so many strings in their sets. They seemed to do everything 10x faster then on their album and even faster then when I saw them in November. They are so talented and always put on such an awesome show. 
Local Natives
This was one of the most fun times I've ever had a concert. They are indescribable. I just totally let go and danced and sang and screamed and took it all in. 
Oh hey  ;)
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
This was insanely bizarre but still very fun. I really can't even, it was just bizarre. 
Alabama Shakes
Holy cow! So much yes! Move over Beyonce, Brittney Howard is the queen. She had such a stage presence and she seemed just so real. And of course on top of that, she was INCREDIBLE! This was such a fun show that I again just really went for and danced and sang and whatnot. What an ending to such a glorious weekend. 
 May 20: Ingrid Michaelson
Ingrid Michaelson was so so cool. As a person and as a musician. I loved hearing her talk (she sounds like Ellen Page and sometimes like Megan Mullally). She was so funny and real and I want to be her best friend. Also she started rapping "Ice Ice Baby" when we were all expecting her to do "I can't help falling in love with you"! And she changed "You and I" into a polka! It was sublime!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember, we're all friends here! Share the love first and foremost!