Saturday, August 9, 2014

Junior Mint.

I had my first three days of Junior Year this past week. It feels completely different and still all the same. It's a uniquely uncomfortable feeling. 
Mom is so adorable. 
I didn't feel like I had any break at all as soon as I stepped into school. It was like things just picked right back up. Drag. Of course, I have new teachers, and I have friends in my classes that I haven't had classes with since middle school, but it already feels like I've been at this for weeks. 
First day pic. 
Socially I feel like I've moved schools in a way. I can tell a difference in Upperclassman and Underclassman which is strange and unexpected. I hardly see anyone I recognize in the hallways and I feel surrounded by small kids who were born in the year 2000. (I mean seriously. What is that?!) It's very odd and gives you an uneasy feeling. As an underclassman, I felt like I had a pretty good handle on a lot of different people in the school in all grades but now it's like they've all left (most have, so that makes sense). I hate not seeing last year's seniors in the hall. :(
Was inspired to start the "Vladimir Pudin' Pudding Company" while listening to NPR on Putin in class. 

Academically, I'm terrified of this year. However, it's also the most determined I've been in a while. I want the colleges I want so badly and I am motivated to work for it hard. I have to remind myself that most of these classes were the next natural step for me even if they have scary titles and standardized tests. I am really going to need to rely on my faith this year and I'm hoping to reach a peace in knowing that it's out of my hands and will work out as planned. Mom always reminds me how insignificant all of this will be in just a few short years. Telling yourself that really lifts the weight from your shoulders and allows you to think more clearly. 
My hilarious friend Tony made this art after our Bananagrams game in Band. 

Anecdotally (clearly not a word, but I kind of had a thing going on sooo...) they repaved our parking lot this summer and they relabeled all of the parking spots incorrectly! Everyone who bought a pass last year has to return their tag and the office has to go through and reassign the tags to the new numbers with the spots we ACTUALLY picked out! What a headache!
Also, our band class is huge! It is so crowded it almost feels claustrophobic even without our instruments, chairs, and stands! There are also like eight sets of siblings in band this year which is kind of neat. 
Rolely Poley Coley at the scrimmage.
Welcome Junior Year. Please treat me well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember, we're all friends here! Share the love first and foremost!