Monday, June 29, 2015

Book Report: Summer House With Swimming Pool.

I love to read in the summer. It is one of the things I look forward to the most about school ending because I can pick out for myself what I want to read! Last summer I read about eleven books but this summer I set a goal for myself to read 17 (one for each year of life). I also have extras...

So! Off I am to accomplish my little goal!

I read Summer House With Swimming Pool by Herman Koch to kick things off. Immediately I could tell the book was very cynical. It was not at all what I expected but because of that, the twists in the book were even more surprising! I thought it was fantastic.

The book was about (void of spoilers of course) a family doctor from The Netherlands who, in a way, befriends a patient of his who is an actor. The family of the doctor become close with the family of the actor during a summer vacation on the Mediterranean. A whole bunch of complicated mess happens and the plot thickens. 

This book dealt with real world issues, ethics, and morals. It was suspenseful and intriguing. What a great way to start out my summer. 

10/10 would recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember, we're all friends here! Share the love first and foremost!